The Link Between the Mind & Sleep
Renowned sleep researcher, Dr. Eric Nofzinger, drew on feedback from hundreds of people struggling with sleep and studied brain images to form his hypothesis—that the main cause of most sleeplessness was due to Racing Mind, or overactivity in the frontal cortex of the brain. He found that when this part of the brain shows a reduction in activity, a person falls into restorative sleep. This insight led to a revolutionary sleep solution.
Ebb® was born.
Precise Cooling Provides Revolutionary Drug-Free Alternative
Armed with a clearer understanding of what’s happening in the brains of those suffering from sleeplessness, Dr. Nofzinger began his development of a safer alternative to traditional sleep aids that reduces metabolic activity in the frontal cortex and helps calm the mind. His work led him to hypothesize that cooling this area (via the forehead) could quiet Racing Mind with no side effects.
Eric Nofzinger, M.D. founded Ebb Therapeutics in 2008 and currently serves as the Chief Medical Officer. He is a renowned expert in the science of sleep and sleeping disorders, and has spent more than 35 years practicing sleep medicine.
- Professor of Psychiatry at the University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine
- Director of the Sleep Neuroimaging Research Program at the University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine
- Past President of the United States Sleep Research Society
- Past President of the Sleep Research Society Foundation
- National Institutes of Health Investigator
Try Ebb for 30 Nights
Get FREE Satisfying Sleep Tips & Special Offers